Before we get Started.
There are several things that you will need before we get started.
- Piano (tuned, as I don’t do well with untuned pianos) or a keyboard. If you have a keyboard, it must have at least 61 keys (preferably 88 keys, but we can start with 61) and have weighted action keys.
- Laptop with Skype (you can google Skype for help if needed) installed and a webcam and have high speed internet.
- Email address for correspondence.
- Printer - A lot of the information that I give you will be songs I have set to music from my computer. I will send them to you by email and you will need to print them out and keep them.
- 3 ring Binder with clear sleeves You will need this to keep all the songs in that you are working on.
- Church Hymnal We will be working on songs from the hymnal. I would rather you have the “Red Back” Church Hymnal, but if your church uses a different hymnal please let me know.
- Paper and Pen to take notes each lesson.
In preparation for the first lesson, please answer the following questions. Hit submit when you are finished.
During your first lesson, be prepared to play me a couple of songs that you are very familiar with. If you read music, I will want to hear you play a song by notes so that I will be aware of your reading ability. Please do not be intimidated or afraid of messing up. I cannot help you fix mistakes if I do not hear them. Remember, I am here to help you!
Recommended and Endorsed Programs...